You may be wondering why the tract review is of a video. The simple answer is because I am a strong believer that the use of videos, such as the one being reviewed this week, in evangelism is something that the church hasn't utilized to its full extent and something that is vital in the world in which we live (i.e. "techtopia"). Also, World Video Bible School has done something tremendous in providing congregations with a very affordable way of passing the videos out.
First, you can purchase business card size advertisements for most of their newer videos that are easy to hand to people and more likely to find their way to a bedside table than the nearest trash can. Second, actually purchasing DVDs of the videos is extremely cost effective, equaling to just a little bit over the cost of the normal tract produced by the church.
I'm telling you, you can't go wrong by using videos to preach the Gospel today and WVBS is doing it right, in my opinion!
"What Must I Do To Be Saved" is a great tool in teaching the Gospel to yourself or your friends. Not only does it take a short time to go through the video
One of the best things about this video is the depth into which the viewer is taken with regard to the steps of salvation and the verses connecting those steps together! Don does a wonderful job at explaining how to be saved without getting bogged down by hypotheticals or man-made doctrines.
Here is a very basic outline of the video:
- The Importance of the Question
- A Look at Wrong Answers to the Question
- Step 1 - Hear the Gospel - Romans 10:13-14
- Step 2 - Believe in the Gospel of Christ - Mark 16:16
- Step 3 - Repent of Your Sins - Acts 2:37-38
- Step 4 - Confess What You Believe and What You Have Heard - Acts 8:37
- Step 5 - Be Baptized for the Remission of Your Sins - Acts 22:16
- Discussion on the phrase "in Christ (cf. 2 Timothy 2:1, 1 John 5:11, Galatians 3:27)"
- Closing Remarks - "Becoming a Christian is an absolute commitment." - Don Blackwell
Watch this video! I promise you it isn't a waste of 30 minutes!